Interested in deepening your green management experience? We are excited to offer a new position as Admin Coordinator to help launch the next phase of development for the Farm! Build your background in farm & non-profit management, marketing, communications and administration to help grow our farm and education programs!!
- Course promotion support (Communicate information via social media and web posts, course registration and pre-registration coordination, day of event support)
- Develop and implement operations plan for CSA (fruit box) pilot project
- Online & offline communications (Social media, email, mailchimp, etc.)
- Add, update, and track databases (Farm operations, volunteer, and customer databases)
- Manage financial accountability (managing receipts, light bookkeeping)
- Manage online/offline files (Google docs, etc)
- Process paperwork for contractors, vendors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Digital media literacy skills
- Effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Effective communication
- Belief in the vision and mission of GreenFriends Farm
- Prior administration/operations/marketing experience
- Familiarity with farm management
- Desire to be engaged in ecologically conscious and spiritual community
- Free tuition for permaculture training and coursework held onsite with top tier experts like Geoff Lawton of the Permaculture Research Institute and renowned soil biologist Dr. Elaine Ingham. You will learn sustainable agricultural and land management practices necessary to operate successful farms and fruit tree orchards, be supervised by a team of experts as you learn, and have time to connect with course instructors during their stay. Value of up to $2000 per season.
Sample courses include:
- Soil Food Web by Dr. Elaine Ingham – 5-Day Course. Value of $800
- Permaculture Design Course by Living Mandala. $1,200 value
- Food Forestry Course with Eric Toensmeir. Value of $800
- Earthworks Presentation by Urban Permaculture Institute. Up to $900 value
- Geoff Lawton Advanced Permaculture Intensive – 4 Day Course. Value of $800.
- Get hands-on experience implementing innovative permaculture and soil food web techniques in new and existing orchards; educating and training visitors and volunteers in basic techniques; and preparation of products for market. You will be supervised by the GreenFriends Farm Manager and have access to a team of expert advisors for questions and comments to further develop your skills.
- Meals and lodging provided.
- Opportunity to gain entry level skills for job and educational advancement in permaculture, farm management, and environmental education.
Living at the Ashram:
At the Ashram, we live a simple lifestyle. The day begins and ends with optional prayer and meditation, either in the Puja Room or in one’s own room. Rooms are shared with at least one other person. Meals are vegetarian. No alcohol, cigarettes or drugs are allowed on the property and residents and guest are expected to maintain celibacy on the property. During the morning hours you are invited but not required to attend the Archana (chanting of the 1000 names of the Divine Mother) at 5:15 A.M. Dinner is at 6:00pm most nights, followed by bhajans (devotional singing) with closing prayers at approximately 9:00 pm. On Saturdays many devotees from the surrounding areas come to the ashram to perform seva (selfless service) to help maintain the ashram premises. Also on Saturdays at 5:30 pm about 250 devotees come together for an evening of spiritual discourse (satsang), bhajans and dinner. GreenFriends Farm hosts a table to sell produce and product to devotees after satsang.
6 months after a two-week trial period, with ability to extend.
To Apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume with list of skill sets and experience, and names of two references (contact info and your relationship). We are looking to place applicants starting as soon as possible.